- But today, in well-matured A.A.'s, these distorted drives have been restored to something like their true purpose and direction.
- The chances are he will not for, like yourself, he is just beginning his development.
- This, of course, is the process by which instinct and logic always seek to bolster egotism, and so frustrate spiritual development.
- It is worth noting that people of very high spiritual development almost always insist on checking with friends or spiritual advisers the guidance they feel they have received from God.
- Our first objective will be the development of self-restraint.
- It is a step in the development of that kind of humility that makes it possible for us to receive God's help.
Alcoholics Anonymous (Big Book) and Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions (12 & 12)